The grounds of Villa Flow stretch across four thousand square metres of a sprawling valley by the side of the ocean. Additional private beachfront land measuring one thousand square metres is located a short walk from the villa, available for those guests looking to lounge and relax by the sea in seclusion.
Specially designed and built by the owners of Villa Flow and a full time crew of 30 locals, attention to detail is evident in every nook of the villa’s structure and across the expanses of its pristine gardens and bountiful beach front land.
• Natural homemade pesticides of neem and tea tree are used in the organic garden
• Locally produced organic soap and shampoo is available for guests to use
• Whenever necessary and possible the garden is watered by three large rainwater tanks
• Waste is segregated on a daily basis, with organic and garden waste being used as compost for the garden
• In the construction of the house, care has been taken to maximize the use of local building materials
• Where wood has been chosen as a building material, we have selected predominantly eco-friendly varieties such as bamboo and coconut
• Use of plastics is limited and we do our shopping with eco-friendly bags
• All meals at Villa Flow are based on the concept of healthy, wholesome and delicious food. Vegetarian, vegan, diary free, and gluten free menus are readily available.
• A range of healing spa treatments are available upon request
• Yoga classes are held in our garden view Bale
• Traditional Balinese cleansing ceremonies and rituals are available upon request
• A concierge service is at your beck and call
• Excursions can be easily arranged, with rice field trekking, silence walks,and volcano climbing being amongst the most popular
• Transfer services are available upon request
The layout of the villa maximizes the views, overlooking the tops of the coconut and palm trees and facing towards the Eastern Balinese Sea. The owners have taken great care to preserve the natural contours of the landscape, allowing these to determine the location of the villa and the specifics of the construction’s foundations. These foundations consist of three primary buildings: the Coconut House, the Panoramic Overview House and the Main House.
Villa Flow boasts a beautiful emerald infinity pool consisting of three convenient depths. Enthusiastic swimmers have space to swim laps, whilst leisurely dippers have the chance to float with magnificent views of the ocean.
Five hundred metres down the road, Villa Flow’s guests have access to exclusive and wonderfully landscaped private beach front land. Elevated 2 metres above the sea and offering panoramic views over the Lombok Strait, the beachfront land allows guests to rest on comfortable lounge chairs scattered across the property. Upon request, picnic breakfasts and special events can be arranged in this exceptional setting.
The villa enjoys the benefit of a large Bale Bengong measuring 8 x 4 metres, with the front looking out towards the sea and the rear having a full length mirror. It has been constructed to allow for Yoga classes, massage sessions, and coaching sessions (see “Awareness Week Bali” for further information).
The Bale Bengong is surrounded by flowing water, instilling a peaceful calmness from the moment you step inside.
An organic garden measuring two thousand square metres is located at the bottom half of the premises, which provides fresh produce to the Villa Flow kitchen on a daily basis. The garden includes a multitude of herbal and medicinal plants, a multi layer vegetable garden with a variety of vegetables, and a fruit orchard growing; mango, star fruit, grape, avocado, cacao, pomelo, pomegranate, mangosteen, guava, papaya, passionfruit, pineapple, banana, lime and tangerine. In addition, coffee plants, soap nut trees and neem trees (of which the kernel is used to make organic pesticide) are grown.
East Bali is the destination to seek connection to authentic Bali life with all its nature, charm and ancient traditions. The Regency of Karangasem has it all – dramatic scenery; dozens of beaches; coral reefs and shipwrecks for diving and snorkelling; ancient sites; a unique Bali Aga (original inhabitants) village; tropical forests; beautiful rice terraces; royal palaces; and beautiful quiet roads. Trekking opportunities abound with the whole regency being dominated by the omnipotent presence of Bali’s highest and most sacred volcano, Mount Agung. Seraya-Barat is located next to the small traditional fishing village of Ujung, which itself boasts the beautiful and peaceful Royal Water Palace constructed by the late king of Karangasem. Driving ten minutes from Seraya-Barat will see you in the city of Amlapura, the capital of the regency.
THE VILLAS SURROUNDINGS
Villa Flow is part of Banjar Merajan, one of 6 banjars that form the little village of Seraya-Barat, which counts approximately 3000 inhabitants. Neighbouring the villa is Pura Merajan, the main temple of the banjar Merajan, which is used by the local community on special religious occasions. Seraya-Barat lies within the province of Karangasem, one of the 9 provinces of Bali.